If you’re a Filipino citizen, 18 years old & above, you can register a sole proprietorship.
What you should get, as a minimum:
- Certificate of Business Name Registration – DTI
- Certificate of Registration – your BIR Revenue District Office (RDO)
- Mayor’s Permit – at your City Hall
- Barangay Clearance – your barangay hal
- SS Number (as an employer; or for yourself as self-employed) – SSS branch covering your area
- Philhealth – Philhealth in Quezon City
What you need
- Name of your business to be registered through DTI Business Name Registration System (BNRS)
- Original & photocopy of proof of citizenship (e.g. PRC ID, birth certificate, voters ID, passport)
- Signed copy of undertaking from DTI BNRS (see #2 below)
- Payment of P300 for application (+P15 for documentary stamps)
- 2 recent identical passport size picture (with signature of owner at the back)
- For franchise holder: photocopy of franchise agreement, each page duly certified by the franchisor or franchisee
- For franchise holder: photocopy of Business Name Certificate of franchisor
- Visit DTI Business Name Registration System (BNRS). If unavailable, call DTI Direct (751-3330).
- You will receive a Transaction Reference Number Acknowledgement email from DTI BNRS.
- With all the supporting documents mentioned, proceed to DTI Office.
Your DTI registration has to be renewed every year. There’s a renewal fee of P300 and if you renew after 90 days from expiration, there’s a surcharge of P100.
Make at least 10 copies of your DTI Business Name Certificate, which you’ll need for other registrations and to open your business bank account.
- What form of ownership is most suitable for your business
- What are the requirements for sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation? How about cooperatives and nonprofit organizations?
- How exactly do I register? What are the forms and affidavits I have to prepare?
- What are the tax or business incentives available?
- How do you qualify for the income tax exemption under Barangay Micro Business Enterprise (BMBE) law?